Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things of this world..

So this past weekend I went to my family's lake home with a mission.. to go downstairs to the gross, damp, creepy, dirty basement and start cleaning. I put on a pair of rubber gloves and felt invincible. Went through boxes and boxes of junk.. many of them filled with decomposing papers, dishes, old christmas decorations.. It just reminded me of how all in this world will rot and decompose and eventually turn into nothing.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and where theives break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and rust do not destroy, and where theives do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"
~Matthew 6:19-21

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful illustration. We had to memorize those verses for camp a couple summers ago and I have recalled them more than once as a reminder to myself of what's important in life!

    ReplyDelete