Sunday, May 30, 2010

Juneau Update #2

Trail #2: Mount McGinnis

Round trip: 10 miles

Yes that would be a real mountain. Recommended climbing season is not until summer and fall. There is a reason for that, once we got past the treeline it was pure snow to the top. Let me tell you that the added snow resistance makes the hike up a lot harder but once at the top it was the most gorgeous view! Nice sunny day so we hung out at the top for a while and enjoyed it, I even got sunburned. Climbing buddies were two of my coworkers Sara and Kristin.

After the Mountain, Morgan and Nick took Brenna and I out crabbing! We got 10 keepers and I cleaned 2 of them. Its kind of intense, you have to grab and hold back all of the claws then rip of the shell, break the crab into two pieces and then wash out all the guts. Soon we will be having a nice crab dinner

Thursday night we had our first women's bible study at the waffle co. I am looking forward to those every Thursday for the next 3 months. Earlier that day I spent at least 3 hours swimming in Auke Lake!!! It was been that nice out this week to make that experience enjoyable

Now I have to go pack up my tent and gear for an overnight camp trip to Aaron Island. More details on that and more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you topped McGinnis! Hope you don't mind if I follow along here. ~R~

    ReplyDelete